Saturday, January 16, 2016

2016 A Year for Change

This is a quick blurb. Nothing particularly important. I'm not checking for spelling. I'm not checking grammar. If that bothers you, stop reading.

This year my husband are taking stock of our lives, what is important and what is not. We are important. Our children are important. Our family is important. Most importantly, our faith is important.

Things that will happen this year:

  • My husband and I will schedule time for just us. Gaming a couple Fridays a month and a group date night with church friends.
  • Time will be made for our children. Sunday's are family days. It may be spent shopping or chilling at home on the couch but we will be together. Honestly, we are waiting for it to get warmer so we can start going on walks. J3, our youngest, cannot be in cold weather for long. Also, one Saturday a month must remain unscheduled for family time as well.
  • We will introduce our children to community service. Starting in February, we will be serving the hungry in the community a meal once a month. This is an activity we will be doing with our church. Yes, our children are young, four and a half, four, and one and a half. We don't care this is important to us.
  • My husband and I will read a chapter from the Bible every night, even if we don't head to bed until 2 a.m.
Things we are striving for:
  • For me to restart college. Hopefully, I can return and get an English degree, with the goal of moving on to grad school in order to get a religious studies degree. What are my plans for such a degree? I have no idea, but God has gotten us this for and God will continue leading us.
  • Show my husband that he is capable of starting Let's Plays. This is just too complicated a topic to explain the challenges so far.
  • I would like to be off of my insulin in the next couple of months. This means eating healthier and exercising. No, I did not make a new years resolution to hit the gym and stave off carbs. For the first time ever, I did not make a new years resolution list. This year, I will not set myself up for failure. This way, I can celebrate my successes and learn from my mistakes without the self judgment that comes with the idea of failure.
Hopefully, I will begin blogging more regularly ...

E. Schierschmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment