Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Tomorrow

            Almost a month ago I saw this video on Facebook of this woman demonstrating ab workouts. I thought to myself, I can do that. A few days later I started. Realizing a few months had passed since I last worked out, I didn’t push myself too hard. I started with one set of ten for each of the four exercises. Excitement filled me the next morning when I woke up without any pain. I immediately increased to two sets of ten. This progress continued and soon I had added leg lifts and was doing two sets of twenty of each of the four ab exercises. The exercising felt good. In the span of a week I had lost four pounds. I stopped drinking soda. I was eating healthy. I Felt Good.
            Two weeks of great work came crashing down. I got sick. I had never experienced a sinus infection before. The pressure in my face was intense to say the least. I thought my teeth were going to fall out. My jaw throbbed. My cheek bone felt like I had taken a punch to the face and at any moment my eye socket would burst and my eye would fall out. Needless to say, I didn’t want to work out. That started two weeks ago. Once the pain of the illness had left me, I battled with the ability to breathe. The buildup of mucus and unending need to blow my nose. This past Sunday, I could breathe enough to sing, of course my voice was horrific. I refrained from torturing those around me.
            I worked out the following Monday. I did a single set of fifteen of the original ab workouts. It was easy and I should have pushed myself forward, but I didn’t. I had already spent a week eating horrible food. Coke was already back in my diet. I managed to eat well all day but by the time my husband got home, I was exhausted. I ate a bowl of cereal because it was quick and crashed. Tuesday was not any better. Laziness had crept in and I was craving caffeine. Neither of these things are easily overcome by me. Wednesday, I spent the day away from my house. Quick foods for the children never result in healthy eating for myself. But the promise to myself is to start tomorrow.
            No harm. No foul. No feelings of failure. I will start again. Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment